MIOG is now taking new patient bookings.
To help us understand your health, please complete our New Patient Request Form before booking your first appointment.
The practice will contact you about your first appointment. If you have already made a new patient appointment and need to reschedule, please call 03 9571 7498.
- Initial face-to-face consultation and detailed client history taking
- Personalised analysis of tests, imaging and other medical information, personalised research for use in the Evidence-Based Integrative Oncology Plan
- Communication with all members of the patient's current Healthcare team regarding Integrative Oncology Plan
Preparation of Personalised Evidence-Based Integrative Oncology Plan Folder including information such as:
- What do we know about cancer?
- Information regarding patient's particular cancer type
- General Food as Medicine for cancer patients
- Specific 'functional foods' for that patient's particular cancer type
- Summary of current medications: drug-herb and drug-nutrient interactions
- Suggested Integrative Oncology Plan
- Summary of supplementation
- Copies of nutritional prescriptions
- Helpful services/links/contacts such as support groups
- Mindfulness meditation exercises including CD
- Exercise suggestions
- Information for carers: how you can help your loved one through their cancer journey.
- Follow-up round-table explanatory consultation with patient +/- family
- Ongoing follow up and revision as needed