How can acupuncture complement your cancer treatments?
For many years, acupuncture has been accepted as an effective part of symptom control for patients with cancer in the following ways:
- Help control pain
- Relieve symptoms of nausea, vomiting, fatigue and peripheral neuropathy caused by chemotherapy
- Improve xerostomia (dry mouth sensation) caused by radiotherapy
- Help improve neuropathy, the pain and numbness in the limbs caused by nerve damage during cancer treatment
- Relieve fatigue, hot flushes, anxiety, depression, constipation and diarrhoea
- Can soften tissue and relieve pain from scarring and surgery
- Enhance a patients' sense of well-being and relaxation
We are so pleased to welcome Acupuncturist Anita Binnington to the MIOG team. With over 30 years experience in clinical practice, she has a particular interest in Oncology presentations and pain management. Anita is also an avid yogi and Qi Gong instructor and will no doubt be offering some of these services in the future as well.
Anita will be available for appointments on Mondays, and private health care rebates apply if you have appropriate extras cover. Please contact reception on (03) 9571 7498 to book or complete our Contact Us form with your details for us to get in touch with you.
What about rebates?
If you have Private Health Insurance with extras cover that covers Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine, you should be able to claim your Acupuncture treatment. We have the facilities on site for you to claim your rebate on the spot in the clinic for Acupuncture for cancer patients.
If you have any further questions about Acupuncture in Cancer Care, or if you would like to make a booking, please contact our friendly reception team.