How can acupuncture complement your cancer treatments?
For many years, acupuncture has been accepted as an effective part of symptom control for patients with cancer in the following ways:
- Help control pain
- Relieve symptoms of nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy
- Improve xerostomia (dry mouth sensation) caused by radiotherapy
- Help improve neuropathy, the pain and numbness in the limbs caused by nerve damage during cancer treatment
- Relieve fatigue, hot flushes, anxiety, depression, constipation and diarrhoea
- Can soften tissue and relieve pain from scarring and surgery
- Enhance a patients' sense of well-being and relaxation
Christine Lee, our Acupuncturist, has a special interest in cancer care and integrative oncology. She has a gentle yet skilled approach, as in a great complement to the other Integrative Cancer Care services we offer at MIOG. You can read more about her bio here.
What about rebates?
If you have Private Health Insurance with extras cover that covers Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine, you should be able to claim your Acupuncture treatment. We have the facilities on site for you to claim your rebate on the spot in the clinic for Acupuncture for cancer patients.
If you have any further questions about Acupuncture in Cancer Care, or if you would like to make a booking, please contact our friendly reception team.